Tokyo Police Club @ Mercury Lounge, June 27, 2006 ~ BrooklynRocks: NYC Music Blog

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Tokyo Police Club @ Mercury Lounge, June 27, 2006

I have been hearing the hype about Tokyo Police Club for some time so I was glad that I finally got a chance to see the band play live. My opinion -- while TPC is solid musically, they aren't "there" yet. They are certainly a band to watch though as I would expect that they will get better with time. My biggest complaint is that TPC simply lacked the energy and conviction of the bands that followed them. This review shouldn't scare anyone away from seeing them live as I'd see TPC again. I would just wait 6 months or so to give some time for their sound and live show to evolve.

Tokyo Police Club @ Mercury Lounge, June 27, 2006
Tokyo Police Club @ Mercury Lounge, NYC June 27, 2006 Posted by Picasa