The Secret Machines Release New Single "Like I Can" (TSM Recordings) ~ BrooklynRocks: NYC Music Blog

Thursday, February 04, 2010

The Secret Machines Release New Single "Like I Can" (TSM Recordings)

DOWNLOAD: The Secret Machines - "Like I Can"

The Secret Machines Release New Single 'Like I Can'Earlier this week, The Secret Machines released a new two-song single "Like I Can / Terrible Light". (Click the cover to go to iTunes) The single is out on the band's own label, TSM Recordings, and both tracks were recorded at The Magic Shop and mixed at Electric Lady in NYC.

When talking about "Like I Can", Brandon Curtis said "This song was conceived as a conversation. You know, some of my best conversations have been held between me and myself. Not that I feel particularly anti-social or anything. It's just that when operating as both parties, one tends to have more patience for revision. Editing for content and language. Balancing intensity of emotion with just the right amount of logic. Anyway, as you might have guessed this practice has resulted in many missed opportunities. So, this is it. Spilled out like a cracked wine glass. Me at my most persuasive? Perhaps not, but it's a start."

Links:
The Secret Machines