My Cousin, The Emperor Play the 'Ultimate Battle of the Boroughs' @ WNYC's The Greene Space on June 18th ~ BrooklynRocks: NYC Music Blog

Sunday, June 13, 2010

My Cousin, The Emperor Play the 'Ultimate Battle of the Boroughs' @ WNYC's The Greene Space on June 18th

DOWNLOAD: My Cousin, The Emperor - Live Acoustic Set @ Rockwood Music Hall, Jan. 5, 2010
DOWNLOAD: My Cousin, The Emperor - "Montevideo"

My Cousin, The Emperor Play the 'Ultimate Battle of the Boroughs' @ WNYC's The Greene Space on June 18thBrooklyn-based Americana band, My Cousin, The Emperor is playing WNYC's Battle of the Boroughs this Friday at The Greene Space, 44 Charlton Street (on the corner of Charlton and Varick).

My Cousin, The Emperor is the latest project of North Carolina-to-Brooklyn transplant singer/songwriter Jason Reischel. Jason has joined forces with guitarist Terry Quire, bassist Chris Gogan and drummer Alex Wyatt and the band released their debut CD A Long Way From Home this past October. This new disc caught my ear right away as the band captures some musical styles that are atypical to indie alt-country. The disc starts with some 'Country R&B' tunes that are stylistically similar to work from Jools Holland and similar artists. From there, Jason Reischel takes the band into reverb-heavy melancholy that is very comparable to songs from artists like Chris Isaak and Roy Orbison. One of the real standout tracks on the disc is "Regalo La Flor" which is an old-school Sun Studio's style rockabilly rave-up.

Tickets for the show are $15 and the show starts at 7PM. The show is scheduled to run two hours and beer, wine and snacks are on the house.

Links:
My Cousin, The Emperor