Chrissie Hynde Brings First Solo Tour to Beacon Theatre on Nov. 5th ~ BrooklynRocks: NYC Music Blog

Saturday, September 06, 2014

Chrissie Hynde Brings First Solo Tour to Beacon Theatre on Nov. 5th



Chrissie Hynde Brings First Solo Tour to Beacon Theatre on Nov. 5th
Chrissie Hynde's first solo disc, Stockholm, came out in June 10th and Chrissie and her new band Will Travel are doing a run of shows this Fall, which includes a stop at the Beacon Theatre on Nov. 5th.  Tickets for this show range from $39.50 - $75.00.

Tickets for the full Fall Tour go on sale Sept. 12th and pre-sale access is available through Chrissie Hynde's mailing list.

Stockholm was recorded at Ingrid Studios in Stockholm with Björn Yttling (bassist from Peter Bjorn and John) who both produced the disc and co-wrote most of the songs with Hynde. Interestingly, both John McEnroe and Neil Young guest on this new disc.

Hynde gave a recent interview with Louder Than War where she goes into depth about the impetus behind her first solo disc. Snippets from this interview are below:

Louder Than War: It’s your first solo album but in many ways the Pretenders have felt like a solo band for a long time, were they just a flag of convenience?

Chrissie Hynde: ‘I always said the Pretenders is a band. I was getting fucked off with having to defend the name of the band over the years. I was never a solo artist and never wanted to be a solo artist. I like being in a band. That’s what I do. What’s in a name? interestingly this solo album has been more of a collaboration than my last Pretenders stuff- it’s lot more of a collaboration.

Louder Than War: Is this solo album a deliberate move away from Pretenders?

Chrissie Hynde:‘Yeah you could say that the Pretenders is a tired brand or whatever but who gives a fuck. I like to tour but I have to figure out how to do this- like I said Bjorn said go in with my friend Joakim and I thought ‘yeah ok he’s trying to get rid of me! so I went with Joakim and wrote some songs and then Bjorn came down out of the blue as we were just finishing this song and he walked in and we said listen to this and he was mmmm that’s good- so then he wanted me back! so anyway Bjork finished the album because he could see that this album was the most rock n roll thing he’s ever done.'

Links:
Chrissie Hynde