PJ Harvey - "iTunes Session" CD Review ~ BrooklynRocks: NYC Music Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

PJ Harvey - "iTunes Session" CD Review

PJ Harvey - 'iTunes Session' CD ReviewEarlier this month, PJ Harvey became the first person to win the UK’s Mercury Music Prize twice. Harvey previously won the award in 2001 for Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea and this second award was for her eighth studio album, Let England Shake, which was released earlier this year.

PJ Harvey is releasing an exclusive iTunes Session on Monday, September 13th that features seven recently recorded live tracks along with a twenty-four minute interview with Harvey where she discusses her musical background, song writing process and how her collaboration with Seamus Murphy evolved. The Session includes four songs from Let England Shake (Vagrant/Island), as well as "Angelene" from 1998's Is This Desire?, and "C'mon Billy" and "Down by the Water" from 1995's To Bring You My Love.

iTunes Session track listing:
1. “Let England Shake”
2. “The Words That Maketh Murder”
3. “The Last Living Rose”
4. “Written On The Forehead”
5. “Angelene”
6. “C’Mon Billy”
7. “Down By The Water”
8 – Interview -

After winning the Mercury Music Prize, Harvey said: “I feel surprised and astonished that I’ve won twice and I do feel proud, it’s amazing, I can’t quite take it in but at the same time I feel that making music and words is very important to me and I’ve always tried to make it the best it could possibly be and I hope to continue doing that. I hope to be back here again in another 10 years’ time with another record because it’s very important to me to keep making word that is of relevance, not just to myself but to other people.

Below is PJ Harvey's performance of "The Words That Maketh Murder" from the Mercury Music Prize Ceremony along a live audience video from Harvey’s show at Terminal 5 earlier this year of “Let England Shake”.





PJ Harvey Tour Dates:
Oct 21 – Stockholm, Sweden @ Filadelfiakyrkan
Oct 22 – Stockholm, Sweden @ Filadelfiakyrkan
Oct 24 – Oslo, Norway @ Sentrum Scene
Oct 25 – Oslo, Norway @ Sentrum Scene
Oct 27 – Prague, Czech Republic @ Lucerna Hall
Oct 30 – London, UK @ Royal Albert Hall
Oct 31 – London, UK @ Royal Albert Hall

Links:
PJ Harvey