Kory Clarke Quits Trouble and Slags Band on Exit ~ BrooklynRocks: NYC Music Blog

Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Kory Clarke Quits Trouble and Slags Band on Exit

I never thought Kory Clarke was a great replacement for Eric Wagner in Trouble...Kory has apparently come to the conclusion that Trouble wasn't a great fit for his "talent" (or lack thereof).

Kory is quoted as saying "It will be so nice to be working without the shackles that a previous singer has left behind of a band that is over 30 years old and acts and sounds like it. I like to do progressive, pushing-the-boundary lyrics in an individualistic style. I don't want to sound like Ozzy, like [Trouble's] old singer [Eric Wagner] tried to do. I am also glad when I look to my left on stage from now on I will not be seeing 'Derek Smalls' in my peripheral vision. [Laughs]." He added "I just cannot play with people who are fundamentalist Christians, or too family-oriented to the point that they can't tour, do records or knock down a few margaritas with me at the bar. This is rock 'n' roll, guys, not the Family Channel."

Dirty Rig - Club Snitch, NYC Nov. 1, 2006

I could make comments about how Clarke's voice is shot, Warrior Soul hasn't been a name (much less relevant) for years and how Clarke's second restart of Warrior Soul seems to be going the same way of his last restart of the band (fizzled - and Clarke joined Dirty Rig) but...this video says everything.



Links:
Trouble