My Pet Dragon Plays Cameo Gallery on May 14th ~ BrooklynRocks: NYC Music Blog

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Pet Dragon Plays Cameo Gallery on May 14th

DOWNLOAD: My Pet Dragon - "Lover in Hiding"

My Pet Dragon Plays Cameo Gallery on May 14thBrooklyn's My Pet Dragon is playing Cameo Gallery (in the back of Lovin' Cup Cafe, 93 N. 6th Street, Williamsburg) on Friday night. The band released a new maxi-single, "Lover in Hiding", last month (which is available on iTunes) as a teaser for the band's second full-length, Mountains and Cites, which slated for a Fall release on Gimme That Sound Productions.

My Pet Dragon plays well-crafted alt-rock and vocalist/songwriter Todd Michaelsen has a tenor voice that falls somewhere between Thom Yorke and Muse's Matthew Bellamy. My Pet Dragon's first disc First Born caught the ear of DJ and producer Karsh Kale, who had Todd write and sing three songs on his 2006 album Broken English and appear on Breathing Under Water, his 2007 collaboration with Anoushka Shankar.

This new disc was produced by Stephen George (aka Stevo - drummer from Ministry). Blown away by First Born and a demo of Todd’s new compositions, George offered to produce and release the next My Pet Dragon record on his newly formed label, Gimme That Sound Productions. Recorded in a barn in the Catskills, the new songs were inspired by classic and contemporary artists but invoke a unique ethereal sound driven by Todd’s frenetic guitar strum and melodic tenor voice.

Tickets for Friday's show at Cameo Gallery are $8.00 and My Pet Dragon play at 11PM.



Links:
My Pet Dragon