Care Bears on Fire @ Southpaw, Brooklyn, June 2, 2007 ~ BrooklynRocks: NYC Music Blog

Monday, June 04, 2007

Care Bears on Fire @ Southpaw, Brooklyn, June 2, 2007

I have been trying to write a CD review of the latest release by an "established artist". Honestly, I can't get motivated to write a review of this disc [sorry, I am intentionally avoiding mentioning the artist's name] as music is just completely flat and uninspired. At this point, you are probably wondering what this has to do with the Care Bears. The Care Bears brought out the complete opposite reaction -- the band was warm, fun, talented and energetic. I have seen bands in major clubs who don't have the talent and enthusiasm that these three have. This will be a band to watch and, if I heard correctly, the band will be releasing a CD sometime this fall.

Care Bears on Fire @ Southpaw, Brooklyn
Care Bears on Fire @ Southpaw, Brooklyn
Care Bears on Fire @ Southpaw, Brooklyn
Care Bears on Fire @ Southpaw, Brooklyn
Care Bears on Fire @ Southpaw, Brooklyn

I have pictures of the other bands that played which I'll get posted in the next day or two. I also have a few pictures of host Martha Plimpton (her bio was included in the program that was passed out at the show and I noticed that she didn't include The Goonies when listing her past work.)

Links:
Care Bears on Fire MySpace page (link)