Sara Bareilles - iTunes Download of the Week ~ BrooklynRocks: NYC Music Blog

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Sara Bareilles - iTunes Download of the Week

Sara Bareilles - iTunes Download of the WeekEvery now and then, I download the iTunes track of the week. More often than not, I end up being disappointed with the band. The current "track of the week", Love Song by Sara Bareilles caught my ear and I am interested in hearing more from her. Bareilles' voice is the first thing that I noticed as it clearly distinguishes her from many of the current female artists. I listened to a few of tracks streaming on Bareilles' website (link) and her sound ranges somewhere between Tori Amos and Ben Folds. It is an interesting mix that really seems to work.

Check out some of Bareilles' live clips from YouTube and see what you think.





Bareilles just signed with Epic Records and her debut Epic release Little Voice is scheduled to be released on July 3rd. She just played a show in town supporting Mika and will come back through for a July 31st show at the Bowery Ballroom (supporting Rocco DeLuca & The Burden).

Links:
Sara Bareilles' Main Website (link)
Sara Bareilles' MySpace page (link)