Black Dahlia Murder - Photos from Santos Party House, NYC 3-20-10 ~ BrooklynRocks: NYC Music Blog

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Black Dahlia Murder - Photos from Santos Party House, NYC 3-20-10

Last Saturday night, Black Dahlia Murder played a headlining set at Santos Party House. I was looking forward to seeing some of the opening acts (Obscura, Augury and Hatesphere) but I obviously haven't been paying attention to changes in clubland. To wander off-track for a moment..."Back in the day", a weekend headlining act at CBGB, Coney Island High, etc. never went on before midnight (if you were lucky). I got to Santos around 9:30PM and Black Dahlia Murder was onstage checking the sound before starting their set and the room was filled to capacity.



Black Dahlia Murder played about an hour set and the pit started immediately. What I could appreciate is that, with the room so full, this was an old-school CBGB/L'Amour style mosh pit with none of that kung-fu karate chopping nonsense. Even those outside the pit (like myself) had fists in the air and were singing along to songs like "What a Terrible Night to Have a Curse" and "Miasma".

It was too crazy a night to keep a setlist (I felt lucky to get the photos I did with the room being a giant most pit) but here is a setlist that I found on the Internet that looks about right.

01. Unhallowed
02. Funeral Thirst
03. Necropolis
04. A Vulgar Picture
05. Everything Went Black
06. Black Valor
07. Christ Deformed
08. Elder Misanthropy
09. Closed Casket Requiem
10. I'm Charming
11. What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
12. Statutory Ape
13. Denounced, Disgraced
14. Deathmask Divine
15. Miasma
16. I Will Return

Below is a video of the first two songs from the set that shows how crazy the night got. Once the temperature started rising and the shirts started coming off (Trevor was encouraging everyone to get naked but I didn't see anyone strip totally down from where I was standing), it just got crazier.



Links:
Black Dahlia Murder