Brooklyn Band Proud Simon's Van Stolen ~ BrooklynRocks: NYC Music Blog

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Brooklyn Band Proud Simon's Van Stolen

Proud SimonBrooklyn-based band Proud Simon's van was stolen two days ago. Below is a letter that band leader Brian Keenan posted to the band's MySpace page.










An open letter to thieves and sympathizers.

Music lives on, belongings are nothing, and life is the stories you have to tell.

I have countless memories from the years of driving my gray van. It has taken me across the country, through treacherous mountain roads and back again. It was good to me and I will surely miss our adventures.

On January 8, 2007 my 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan was stolen from under the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway in broad daylight. New York license plate number CEU-1599. If anyone has any information regarding its safe return, please contact me via this account.

To artists everywhere with holes in your wallets, this is a road we all take someday. Be well.

Brian