Lissie (Maurus) Announces New Disc Will Be Out in the Spring ~ BrooklynRocks: NYC Music Blog

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Lissie (Maurus) Announces New Disc Will Be Out in the Spring

It has now been a year since Lissie released her covers EP, "Covered Up With Flowers", and over two years since her last studio disc so I was beginning to wonder when something new would surface. Lissie just sent out an email to her mailing list that her new disc is complete and will be out in the spring.

Señor don Lucas and I,, he's a mezcalaro,, the agave fields and production are his & his families. They produce quality mezcal I'm hoping to sell a special edition of!

Hello friends,

Wanted to check in with you all and let you know what I' ve been up to!

I finished recording my new album and hope to release it in the spring! I'm really excited about our new songs / music! I had an incredible time making the record in Topanga canyon, California and am really anxious to share!

In the meantime I'm going on a couple adventures! You can see all the photos I've been taking on my Twitter and Instagram and on Flickr.

As some of you know I love a good tequila and more recently I've developed a taste for mezcal which is also made from agave. My friend Todd has a brand of tequila and mezcal called Metl, the latter of which is made just outside of Miahuatlan, Mexico.

So, a film crew, Todd, and I have travelled down here to develop a special edition of mezcal that I can share with my fans! We'll be exploring Mexico City, Oaxaca City, Matalan, Miahuatlan, Zipolite beach, and Puerto Escondido beach!

Upon my return I'll have some great video footage to post and a link for you all to purchase my special edition of mezcal.

On Dec. 17th Eric, my guitar player, and I will head to Haiti with changing tides orphanage. This past August we played a fundraising concert that raised $18,000.00 for the orphanage and school so the founder is kindly taking us to visit and meet the kids.

We'll take 3 small acoustic guitars that Fender graciously donated with us to leave there. We hope to teach some songs to the kids as well as learn some Haitian tunes.

That trip will also be filmed so my aim is to share concert footage of the kids and us! I'm very much looking forward to it! From what I've heard, these are some incredibly special, resilient and spirited children!

So, that's what's going on! I miss you all and life playing music on the road! I'll be in your town with new music soon! Thanks for your support and I hope you enjoy the pictures from my travels!

Lissie x
Below is an audience video of a new song, "Shameless", filmed at Coachella erlier this year.



Links:
Lissie