Alexa Wilding Plays Solo Show at Rockwood Music Hall on Tues., July 27th in Support of New Solo EP ~ BrooklynRocks: NYC Music Blog

Friday, July 23, 2010

Alexa Wilding Plays Solo Show at Rockwood Music Hall on Tues., July 27th in Support of New Solo EP

DOWNLOAD: Alexa Wilding - "Black Diamond Day" (from new self-titled EP)

Alexa Wilding Plays Solo Show at Rockwood Music Hall on Tues., July 27th in Support of New Solo EPAlexa Wilding just finished a very successful tour with Au Revoir Simone and she is playing a homecoming show at Rockwood Music Hall on Tuesday (set time at 8PM). Alexa will be playing in support of her self-titled debut EP, which was mixed by Fred Smith of Television and features Tim Foljahn (Cat Power, Townes Van Zandt) on additional guitars and lap steel.

The recent tour with Au Revior Simone got great reviews and I particularly liked Nylon Magazine's preview: "Today, Au Revoir Simone announced they'd be joined by the Brooklyn singer-songwriter Alexa Wilding on their summer tour, which means you can see some cool girls with guitars, without having Sarah McLaughlin breathing down your back."

Alexa began her career performing with International Shades, the art-rock project of ex-Pussy Galore/Sonic Youth drummer, Bob Bert, and guitarist Mark C (Live Skull). "My time playing with the Shades is very dear to me. I was like the kid sister the older boys let into the club house! There would be times in practice where I’d wonder, why did they let ME in. I was thrown into a musical landscape very different from my own, and I had to learn, fast, how to swim – all the while playing it REALLY cool. I was too embarrassed to let on how exciting it was to play in a real rock band, opening for my idols like Mudhoney and Genesis P’Orridge, and maybe they thought it was pretty funny that a little girl in a dress had idols like that!" (from a in-depth interview with MeetYouAtTheShow)

Links:
Alexa Wilding