Legal Music Downloads - TV on The Radio, Cold War Kids and Iggy (Pop) & The Stooges ~ BrooklynRocks: NYC Music Blog

Monday, July 30, 2007

Legal Music Downloads - TV on The Radio, Cold War Kids and Iggy (Pop) & The Stooges

I have been meaning to clear off my iPod and finally got around to listening to a number of the podcasts that I had downloaded.

TV On the Radio - Live PodcastThe first podcast is TV on the Radio live on AOL's The Interface. The band's set was recorded in November of last year (2006) and they sound great!! They play three songs live in the studio and really show how far they have matured in both musicianship and songwriting since their debut. The band also gives a short interview and, amusingly, David Sitek grumping about the leak of the Cookie Mountain demos sounds somewhat like the Lars Ulrich/Napster wars (see below).


Tracks played are "Wash the Day", "Young Liars" and "Province". This is well worth the download.


Cold War Kids Live on KEXPThe second podcast is The Cold War Kids live on KEXP's mid-morning show. As the only thing that I have previously heard by The Cold War Kids is Nathan Willet's solo set on The Interface, I don't have much of a point of comparison. I like the songs with the full band much better than Willet solo but, all-in-all, I don't hear what all the hype is about.

Iggy (Pop) and the Stooges - Live at SXSWThe last podcast is a twenty-minute set by Iggy & The Stooges recorded live at SXSW on March 16, 2007. This is a must for any Iggy fan as it features the reunited Stooges playing four cuts from The Weirdness. The tracks are "Trollin'", Interview with Iggy, "ATM", "My Idea of Fun" and "She Took My Money".