Navy Band Draws Good Sized Crowd In Times Square ~ BrooklynRocks: NYC Music Blog

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Navy Band Draws Good Sized Crowd In Times Square

I was in Times Square today as I wanted to see the "You are Here" exhibit at chashama and today is the last day. I had my camera with me and couldn't resist taking a few pictures of the Navy band who were playing in Times Square as part of Fleet Week.

I have seen some excellent concerts where very talented bands play their hearts out and only 30-50 people are in attendance. The Navy Band easily drew a 100 or more people earlier this afternoon playing in front of the recruiting station in Times Square. While the band was just playing 60s, 70s and 80s covers, the crowd was jostling for position and there were a number of amateur video cameramen filming the event. There were so many people (and I could see a number of people holding their cameras above their heads trying to get shot of the band), I originally thought it must have been an MTV event.

Navy Band in Times Square, May 27, 2007

Navy Band in Times Square, May 27, 2007